Audio and video stuttering

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Kulaman

I have a real problem with audio and video stuttering badly on my computer. I am running Windows 7 and have run malware and virus scans on it, but they don't seem to help. The problem started shortly after I moved my computer from the basement because of some flooding. I don't have direct access to a hard wired internet hook up so I am using a Trendnet 54 Mbps wireless G USB adapter as my internet connection. The stuttering with all music players and when I am streaming from the internet. My mouse is also very jerky on the screen at times. Could the way I'm accessing the internet be causing the problems, or is it just a coincidence that the problems started when I moved my computer? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Try re-seating the memory....video card if it has a standalone one and re-seat the connections......while your in there check that all the fans are spinning and no dust build up.

I assume this is a desktop and you got the PC out before water came in?

Kulaman

I pulled the back off the computer and really couldn't do anything. Everything is pretty packed tight inside. There was some dust, but not too much. Any other suggestions?

When you say "stuttering with all music players " is that streaming from the Internet?

Take a speedtest click on the link below and then click on Begin Test...post the rsults of

Ping
Download
Upload

http://www.speedtest.net/

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online