Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Audio Burning Issues

1K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  JohnWill 
#1 ·
Hey Techies,

I've been having trouble burning audio CDs for a lil while now and have no idea what to do or how to fix it. I run off Windows ME, Intel Celeron, 128MB RAM & I use Nero v7.0 to burn. I like Nero because it does the best job getting rid of the 2 second pause inbetween tracks.

About 3 months ago I noticed the problem first. When I burn tracks there are little glitches found in playback [basically when it plays thru a CD player there a little glitches where no audio is played and the music that should be played is skipped, almost like someone hit the mute button]. When I watch the burn process thru Nero I notice that the write buffer, which normally burns at a constant 98%, will sometimes drop to 96% which doesn't seem substancial but could be causing the problem. Also sometimes it seems that the tracks after track 1 start a hair later than usual.

I've tried uninstalling & reinstalling the software a couple times & even tried a different company's burning software, but still no luck. I asked a friend of mine who is a degree in MIS and he suggested opening up more free space on my hard drive & fully shutting down instead of just restarting to get rid of all my PCs virtual memory. Tried both but still no luck.

So does anyone have any ideas, cause I'm stumped. Like I said before if there is a way to continue to use Nero that would be awesome cause I don't like that 2 sec delay. If anyone has any ideas I'd greatly appreciate it. THANK YOU for your time & help! :)

See less See more
#2 ·
how bout:
burn at a slower speed - i never go higher than 8X but that's just me..
use high quality blank cds
don't run any other programs / do any thing else on the pc while it's burning
also your burner may be failing - they're pretty cheap to replace these days----

#3 ·
For the past 2 months I've been unhooking my Cable internet [ethernet cable] and not running anything while burning. Basically I'll start the PC up fresh just to burn. This really doesn't do anything for me either. Sometimes I'll get 1 track every now and then that doesn't have any "mute-blips" but then I'll have tracks that have like 10! Quite frustrating.

I asked my buddy, with the degree in MIS, if the burner was bad but he said that shouldn't have anything to do with my problem. However I was skeptical because I've been using this PC daily since July 2001. Nothing, including the CD-drives, have been replaced. So the age of my drive limits me to only able to burn, at the MAX, of 8X. And right now I'm burning with Memorex Black CD-Rs [40X, 700MB, 80min].

Anything else you may be able to think of? I hope all this helps open up some ideas...... Thanx :)

#7 ·
Are you disabling your anti-virus and making sure no excess apps are running at the same time you're trying to burn? When i had glitches in playback it was due to bad discs - defective spot on a chunk in the entire spindle.

You should really try a slower speed. It's just a common fact that a slower speed is preferred when it comes to audio burns.

And a lot of different software will omit the 2 second delay for you - it's called the DOA or "disc at once" setting, in preferences/tools. I know that Nero has the option explained and right there as a checkbox when you go to burn, but I've never heard of other kinds not offering that option.

#8 ·
Great news everyone. I took the advise of a few of you guys and replaced my CD-drive [actually I bumped it up to a CD-RW/DVD-RW drive!!] AND I updated to the latest version of Nero. Everything works awesome now, no problems.

Thank you all for your help. This is now the ONLY place I come for Tech Help, Thanx again guys! :up:

#9 ·
Lite-on makes cheap, flimsy stuff (sorry).
You need to tell people that is your personal opinion, when you say that. Because that's all it is.
You should post links to info proving what you're saying! Otherwise, don't mislead people.......

LiteOn is one of the better burners on the market. If you'll go to dvd and cd burning forums, and home theater forums, and magazine websites, that have done reviews of dvd and cd burners, you will find that LiteOn burners are not cheap and flimsy. Cheap, yes......in price. But not in build quality, as MysticEyes suggests.

I have given links before, and will give links to whoever wants to research these burners. Not links to LiteOn's site, but links to sites that people that use them daily, post at. People who have a lot of experience, with all the different brands, so they can give true comparisons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.