Audio Card Won't Work

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

F1r3fr3nzy

I bought a Sound Blaster Audigy 4 off eBay and barely got my computer up and running to test it, well my computer doesn't even detect the card so I thought maybe I had gotten ripped off, before jumping to conclusions I tested it on another one of my machines and it works perfectly fine....So then I thought ok maybe its my pci port, put one of my ethernet cards in it, works fine..heres my computer specs:

Asus P5P800 Mobo
Pentium4 3ghz HT
1GB ram

Got any ideas?? I'm stumped...

Thanks.

Put it in a different PCI slot. In Device Manager anything listed under Other Devices?

F1r3fr3nzy

Theres 4 PCI slots, tried all 4, nothing shows up in device manager. However when I put another card in any of the pci slots, like an ethernet card, it works fine...

F1r3fr3nzy said:
Theres 4 PCI slots, tried all 4, nothing shows up in device manager. However when I put another card in any of the pci slots, like an ethernet card, it works fine...
reset the bios

F1r3fr3nzy said:
That is one thing I haven't tried yet, i'll give it a shot in a bit.
make sure you go back in after reset and disable on board sound again

F1r3fr3nzy

Okay I reset the bios, disabled onboard audio, still it will not detect the audio card..anymore ideas?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.