1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

audio cd burning problems

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by d_rock1314, Aug 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. d_rock1314

d_rock1314 Thread Starter

Hey, I am running windows xp on an athlon 2500 system with 480mb ram...for a few months now I have been running into problems every time I try to burn an audio cd. It used to work fine, but now it gives me an error, no explanation or anything, it just says burning failed (happens at around 5% or so). I have tried with Nero, Windows Media Player and MusicMatch but none of them work anymore. The really confusing part (for me at least) is I can still burn cd's in other formats without any problem at all. For the audio cd's, I've tried burning at every speed possible...I have freed up lots of disk space, defragmented all my drives, run scandisk, uninstalled and reinstalled all of my burner related software, checked for viruses, etc...everything I can think of but still no luck. Oh yeah, and my burner is a Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-106D...my whole computer is only a year old and I have had no previous problems until a few months ago when this one started.

Any help would be greatly appreciated...this is driving me insane, abd I have wasted countless cd's testing to see if it works again (which reminds me, I also run simulation mode every time I try it, and it always works fine with no error, but the actual burn messes up).

Thanks

2. roban

roban

Have you changed your CD media since it last worked or are you running any other programs while burning?

3. d_rock1314

ummm, ive been using the same cds for quite a long time, never have had a problem (maxell)...as for running programs, i do burn cds with a few programs open but close most of them (i used to be able to burn fine with all of my regular programs as well as music running, so im not sure if this would be an issue or not?)

4. roban

roban

I run an 800 mhz with 512 MBRAM and if I run certain programs at the same time my burns will fail. Just a thought, also background programs could be a problem.

5. d_rock1314

ok so i just tried burning with pretty much everything closed except the essentials and it worked successfully...i used a cd-rw (cause im sick of messing up cd-r's), so i thought the problem was fixed and then tried again with a cd-r, and this time i had the same problem...unexplained failure at 5%

any other ideas?

6. roban

roban

you might look into a firmware upgrade for your writer.

7. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Have you opened Device Manager, and checked the ATAPI Controller channel and device to see if your burner is running in DMA mode?

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/263708

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice