1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Audio Channeling is it possible?

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Rudurk, Jan 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rudurk

Rudurk Thread Starter

Let me explain what I mean by Audio Channelling.. right soo I have a laptop and I use the HDMI to use my TV as the Monitor(why because My laptop over heats and I need to keep it in front of a fan to keep it on when play games LOL ****** Dell Studio Design(and yes i have tried cleaning the fans but the 1735 model is a pain to clean you gotta remove every single part inside to get to the fan screw that LOL) :p).

The Sound "comes" out of the TV.. So this is not a problem I want it to come out of the TV... the problem is When I switch over to the Xbox Channel or Digital TV Channel and someone Messages me on Windows Live I don't hear it of course that's to be expected since am not on the correct channel.. but What I was wondering is it possible to set it so some applications sound come out of the laptop speaker device rather that through HDMI Device?? is that possible to do?

let me sum in up .. I want every other sound to come out of HDMI TV Speakers and just some application sounds to come out of the LAPTOP Speakers.

P.S. I didn't mess about with the built in Windows 7 Sound Mixer.. there is no option to switch application from one device to another.

2. Rudurk

Rudurk Thread Starter

Well since no one replied I'm guessing there is no such application or no way to do so... well after tinkering around a little I have figured out that though it may not be possible to output the sound of a application to another device it definitely is possible to output Windows Live Messenger sound to another device you just go to Tools>Setup Audio on Window Live it self.

anyways thanks for you help.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/975191

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice