1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Audio clicks during games

Discussion in 'Games' started by willpay9, Feb 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. willpay9

willpay9 Thread Starter

Hi all

I seem to have a problem with my audio devices during games! I started using the on board soundcard (mini jack to phono) into my mixer but this made clicking noises when too much sound was going on. After upgrading to an M-Audio Audiophile USB soundcard I still get the same problem!!

Can anyone suggest why this might be? Could it be to do with my graphics card or is this a totally separate issue? it is really beginning to bug me now and was considering getting a new graphics card (ATI Radeon 1950 PRO) but i may not bother if I can't sort out these audible clicks (n)

Please help!

Thanks in advance

2. McTimson

McTimson

Try narrowing the possibilities down. Plug headphones straight into the audio jack, and see if you still have problems. If you do, then you know it's definitely the computer. Also, make sure your speaker settings are correct. There's probably an icon in your system tray for M-Audio tools or something, or if not, then check in Start-> Control Panel for M-Audio, or at least Sounds. Find the speaker settings, and make sure it's the same as what you actually have installed.

3. willpay9

willpay9 Thread Starter

cheers, its only on some games though which is wierd.

As for speakers, I have line out>>>>mixer>>>Amp>>>>Speakers so which setting would you suggest?

4. McTimson

McTimson

Which games specifically?

Test it with headphones directly to the line out first, just to rule out everything else.

As for which setting, I'm not really sure how you would do it with a mixer and amp involved...I guess it depends on the inputs that they can take. If they can only take a stereo input (left and right), then set it to 2 speakers.

5. willpay9

willpay9 Thread Starter

thanks mate,

seem to have sorted it now (i hope) by turning off AVG from running in the background.

Hopefully it will be ok now :)

6. willpay9

willpay9 Thread Starter

No it hasn't sorted it at all!!!!!

Might this be related to my graphics card?

7. McTimson

McTimson

I don't think it would be related to the graphics card, unless it only happened once you tried a different card or something.

Did it always make these noises? Or did it only happen when you tried plugging it in to the mixer?

8. Super-D-38

Super-D-38

You did install any updated audio drivers/software for the new sound card right?

Wonder if you need to disable onboard audio...... hmm :confused:

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/682669

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice