Audio cuts out unless iPlayer open...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

at0it

I have a TV connected via HDMI to my desktop. There is basically no sound except <1second long bursts. However I have found BBC iPlayer works fine and if a video is played, sound from all other applications works fine. Even if the video is then paused, sound continues to work. However as soon as the site is closed, sound goes back off.

Default audio device is set correctly and sound when played through S/PDIF works fine.

Any idea what might cause this?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts