Audio Device Missing! RealTek HD Audio! Urgent :(:(

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

gloryninja

i need help urgently...

I got A REALTEK HD AUDIO SOUND CARD ONBOARD

this all happened when i took my jack sound off (speakers) then put it back on and no sound was playing... so i restarted my pc then winamp goes i aint got no audio playback devices. i go check my sound manager and it goes i aynt got no Audio Devices in the input and output...

i tried desabling n enabling on BIOS and reinstalling My drivers and getting updates but still no hope.. anyone please care to help?

i got

windows xp SP2
DirectX 9.0c
1.5 GB RAM
512 MB Graphics Card Nvidia
Nforce MotherBoard
Realtek HD Audio!

gloryninja

it is running ... its not working still... also it stopped working when i pluggged in a different jack in my pc... then put ma speaker line on and didnt work i restarted and my devices were missing.

gloryninja

well i seem to got it in the Sound, Video and controller its called Realtek high definition audio but has a exclamation mark (!) it dont update and i reinstalled the audio devices but it says driver cannot start... help

gloryninja

sorry for the posts lols i reli need help...

My Device also got Microsoft Uaa function driver for high definition ...

both dont work and cant fix...

Is your rig custom built or shop bought? If shop bought. what make model? It makes a difference as to exactly which driver you need :)

Sounds to me like you may have damaged the card. What exactly different did you plug in? I would be adding a pci soundcard and be done with it, these Realtec and Ac 97 issues are getting too tough to solve lately without us being there. Seems like there are hundreds of them on these forums.

gloryninja

its onboard sound card... I got Nforce 405 Geforce 6100... anything i can do to fix this? it really cant be broken? i plugged in a Gaming Console jack to test it

mtzlplex

Account Closed
I agree 100% with Rich-M, grab a pci soundcard, and be done with it. I know of a lot of people that some how lost their AC97 sound, and never did get their Realtec/AC97 sound problems figured out, that software/drivers must be a piece of work.

gloryninja

hmm okay thanks for the advice... but is there any other technical solutions i never tried out yet?

If you have identified the soundcard and the driver doesn't recognize it, then either you havcen't recognized the card or the driver is not correct. How much time and energy do you want to waste on this to wind up with something not as good as a soundcard would provide anyway. the odds are you do not have the correct idea of what the soundcard really is. Try any of these programs to identify it and if they all agree, buy a soundcard, it doesn't work.
http://www.gtopala.com/siw-download.html
http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4181.html
http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html

gloryninja

thanks for all the help... im going to buy a new PCI Soundcard? is it a pci soundcard?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts