1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Audio Device Missing! RealTek HD Audio! Urgent :(:(

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by gloryninja, Mar 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. gloryninja

gloryninja Thread Starter

i need help urgently...

I got A REALTEK HD AUDIO SOUND CARD ONBOARD

this all happened when i took my jack sound off (speakers) then put it back on and no sound was playing... so i restarted my pc then winamp goes i aint got no audio playback devices. i go check my sound manager and it goes i aynt got no Audio Devices in the input and output...

i tried desabling n enabling on BIOS and reinstalling My drivers and getting updates but still no hope.. anyone please care to help?

i got

windows xp SP2
    DirectX 9.0c
    1.5 GB RAM
    512 MB Graphics Card Nvidia
    Nforce MotherBoard
    Realtek HD Audio!

2. gloryninja

any one please can you help

Much Apriciated!

3. gloryninja

Realtek ac97 i have please help i cant seem to find no solution

4. Soundy

Soundy

Make sure that your Windows Sound services is running. See this thread for details on how to check this.

5. gloryninja

it is running ... its not working still... also it stopped working when i pluggged in a different jack in my pc... then put ma speaker line on and didnt work i restarted and my devices were missing.

6. gloryninja

well i seem to got it in the Sound, Video and controller its called Realtek high definition audio but has a exclamation mark (!) it dont update and i reinstalled the audio devices but it says driver cannot start... help

7. gloryninja

sorry for the posts lols i reli need help...

My Device also got Microsoft Uaa function driver for high definition ...

both dont work and cant fix...

8. gloryninja

anyone can urgently help me ? i got a studio without sound lol!

9. Gulo Luseus

Gulo Luseus

Is your rig custom built or shop bought? If shop bought. what make model? It makes a difference as to exactly which driver you need :)

10. Rich-M

Rich-M

Sounds to me like you may have damaged the card. What exactly different did you plug in? I would be adding a pci soundcard and be done with it, these Realtec and Ac 97 issues are getting too tough to solve lately without us being there. Seems like there are hundreds of them on these forums.

11. gloryninja

its onboard sound card... I got Nforce 405 Geforce 6100... anything i can do to fix this? it really cant be broken? i plugged in a Gaming Console jack to test it

12. mtzlplex

mtzlplex Account Closed

I agree 100% with Rich-M, grab a pci soundcard, and be done with it. I know of a lot of people that some how lost their AC97 sound, and never did get their Realtec/AC97 sound problems figured out, that software/drivers must be a piece of work.

13. gloryninja

hmm okay thanks for the advice... but is there any other technical solutions i never tried out yet?

14. Rich-M

Rich-M

If you have identified the soundcard and the driver doesn't recognize it, then either you havcen't recognized the card or the driver is not correct. How much time and energy do you want to waste on this to wind up with something not as good as a soundcard would provide anyway. the odds are you do not have the correct idea of what the soundcard really is. Try any of these programs to identify it and if they all agree, buy a soundcard, it doesn't work.
    http://www.gtopala.com/siw-download.html
    http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4181.html
    http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html

15. gloryninja

thanks for all the help... im going to buy a new PCI Soundcard? is it a pci soundcard?

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/697777

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice