1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

audio doesn't work when i'm playing Dvds

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by nabster, May 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nabster

nabster Thread Starter

i just rebooted my computer and when i tried to play dvds on my computer the video worked on many different playeres but the audio didnt. I initially thought my speakers were faulty but when i put in an audio cd into the same drive it easily played it and everything worked fine. now i even tried my songs already stored on my computer and they worked. So now im really confused!im thinking why wouldnt it work. I did all i could think of! I even went into device manager looked up the drive and saw if it was working properly and it passed. i don't know if i need anything to download so that i can actually have audio working for watching dvds. And thats why im here. i am really stuck and would really appreciate your help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i really need it.

2. nabster

nabster Thread Starter

i found out that the problem was i needed an ac3 filter downloaded. i downloaded it and i can watch my video, but the video stops at points while the asudio keeps playing. i would reall appreciate any advice on this subject thank you

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/576105

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice