1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Audio driver dosent work

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by uuziwuuzi, Jan 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. uuziwuuzi

uuziwuuzi Thread Starter

Realtek ALC883 @ Intel 82801GBM ICH7-M is the name.

I cant get my audio 2 work.
    From device manager it dosent have the ? mark so driver shoult by instaild but isent(dosent have the driver option)
    From Control panel, Audio and Sound Settings, it says No audio device

I have tryd:
    1. Downloaded drivers from realtek
    2. Instaild driver from that CD, from where i got bought my CD

My windows is xp sp 3

2. Rollin_Again

Rollin_Again

If the sound card is not integrated onto the motherboard try removing and reinstalling into another slot.

Regards,
    Rollin

3. Ariesjill

Ariesjill Banned

I ditto Rollin. Sounds mechanical 2 me.

4. uuziwuuzi

uuziwuuzi Thread Starter

Yeah good if but it is intergrated

5. Ariesjill

Ariesjill Banned

OK I din know. I think U should uninstall all sound devices and reinstall them.

6. Rollin_Again

Rollin_Again

As Jill already indicated you should uninstall the device from the device mananger and reboot and allow Windows to automatically detect and reinstall the device. You should also check to make sure that onboard audio is not disabled in the computers BIOS. If you are unsure how to access the BIOS just do a google search using the word "BIOS" + the make/model of your computer

Regards,
    Rollin

7. Ariesjill

Ariesjill Banned

I am waitin for U to post when NOT SOBER....cause U T obviously the SAME EVEN THEN.

Re the above, yes, but YOU PROVIDED MORE DETAILED DATA....I gotta learn to do that.

Also as per above....maybe the plug to the actual screen is not seated......that would B nice, right? Simple!

Most systems I have worked on use F2 to access the bios....but obviously, not all.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/671463

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice