1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Audio driver elusive

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Bodrey, Dec 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Bodrey

Bodrey Thread Starter

I just installed a fresh copy of XP w/SP3 on my ASUS X52F-X3 laptop. Managed to find all the drivers save for one...
    In the Device Manager I've got an instance of "Other Devices: Audio Device on High Definition Audio Bus" (see below)

http://s903.beta.photobucket.com/user/Bodrey31/media/Clipboard01_zpsc205df7e.jpg.html

I've spent hours scouring the Internet, trying every audio driver I could find. None have worked. Can someone please help me? This is really getting frustrating. I'm not able to play MoH because as soon as it tries to play the sound my PC reboots. HELP!!!

2. Megabite

Megabite

Have you tried going to Asus site to look for drivers for that model laptop and what Operating System came with that Laptop?

3. C141

C141

4. Megabite

Megabite

Understood....

Have you installed the chipset drivers first and restarted then do the needed driver with the framework.

5. Bodrey

Bodrey Thread Starter

Yes. I installed both the .NET and Conexant drivers. Didn't fix the problem.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1081869

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice