1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

audio enhancements do not affect my speakers

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by jasmiejo24, May 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jasmiejo24

jasmiejo24 Thread Starter

hi so this is my moms computer at her house so I'm not able to spend ages messing with it to find the problem. we bought her new speakers and she wanted a bit more bass, as the speakers have no bass or treble knobs i went on to her built in audio software to fiddle with the equaliser and it made no difference to the speakers, i went on to windows media player and left clicked for enhancements and changed some stuff around in there, still no difference from the speakers. what is the first thing i should be doing to try and fix this problem? she is on windows 10. there is no enhancements tab if i click on the speaker properties.

thanks

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    Depending on the exact brand and model of speakers and how low the bass frequencies you are talking about, the speakers may not be able to output much if any bass.

3. jasmiejo24

jasmiejo24 Thread Starter

i dont think that's the issue, my speakers are cheap with no special features also but i still hear a difference when i change the equaliser settings, for example if i go onto WMP and change the equaliser setting from default to dance there is an audible change in the sound coming from the speakers but on moms pc there is no change at all

4. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    What audio card is in your Mom's computer?
    What audio card is in your computer?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1227360

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice