Audio File not supported on smart TV

user0284937

Okay so my company has Samsung SmartTVs (I couldn't tell you the model number off the top of my head) around our building and we use USB drives to play a PowerPoint which is converted to a video for weekly updates which is on a loop. We haven't had this issue before but this year is when the problem came about.

Our updates before had no audio and everything worked fine, then we did a few videos with audio and those worked fine as well. Then when we switched back to a video that didn't have audio the tv's kept popping up with the message "Audio File not supported," we have not changed anything about our download process when it comes to the type of file which is MP4. We have changed nothing with our process except for the few times we included audio in our weekly updates. The message that pops up has two options with it either "okay" or "skip/stop" and when you choose okay it still pops up when it starts back at the beginning, and when you press skip/ stop the video stops and closes.

We can't figure out why it keeps showing this message, I have tried to search and look at anything on the internet that would help but nothing has fit this problem. I currently am not in the building so I couldn't tell you the model type or anything else about the tv's. I also plan to contact Samsung but can not yet becasue I am not in the building to look at the model number.

I am at my wits end, please help...

Drabdr

Brad
Hello there!! I’m sorry I’m late posting!

Are the TVs available for an update (their website should list one)?

can you try saving the video in a different format and try?

Oddba11

Jim
Have you checked the files to see what, if any, audio track is present? MediaInfo or even MKVToolNix will open the file and list all of the included streams.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online