1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Audio files suddenly not supported

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Pauldda, Oct 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Pauldda

Pauldda Thread Starter

My system specs are at the bottom of the page.

Today when I tried to play some audio, (MP3 and Wav files), the file began to play and was okay for about a minute and a half then there was a buzz and a window popped up that said "the specified format is not supported or cannot be translated....". I was using XMPlay 3.8.1.2. I then tried to play other mp3 files and a WAV file. They didn't play at all, I simply got the error message.
    I tried playing files using another player, AIMP3 v 3.60 build 1470. They wouldn't play at all with this player and I got the same error message.

I have been listening to these files with no problem for months. I searched online for any messages pertaining to this problem. Most results were over ten years old and often pertained to video issues.

I then went back and tried to play the file again, (I didn't reboot), and they're now playing! Can anyone suggest what may be going on? Is my hard drive failing or are files being corrupted? Thanks. I'd appreciate any help. I listen to audio files throughout the day while working and this would be a big problem if I couldn't listen to them anymore.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6500U CPU @ 2.50GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 78 Stepping 3
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 12147 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 940MX, -2048 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 930 GB (266 GB Free); D: 0 GB (0 GB Free);
    Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0C8M5T
    Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled
    Antivirus: Norton Core, Norton Security

Last edited: Oct 20, 2018
  2. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

3. Pauldda

Pauldda Thread Starter

Thanks,
    I installed the patch. Hope it takes care of the problem.

4. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Me too.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1218115

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice