Audio gone after re-installing Window ME

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

tomassini

My system is a Dell Dimension 8100, running Windows ME

After re-installing Windows ME, there is no sound. Everything worked well before the re-install. Can you tell me specifically what to look for and what todo. I looked at the device manager and saw the following information.

AUDIO Under device manager I see SOUND, VIDEO AND GAME CONTROLLER
under that category I see Crystal Sound Fusion (with a yellow exclamation mark), and Wave Device for Voice Modem.

Those exclamation point seems to indicate that the driver is not installed ( to be 100% sure, double click on it and on the new window that will come up windows will offer some sort of information about what is wrong).
On a hunch, i believe that the driver is not installed. Basically you'll need to get to the Dell site and under support will need to download the audio driver and the install it.
But first as i mentioned , double click and check out the message that windows puts
HTH

tomassini

I found and installed a new driver. All set ups look ok, but I still do not have any sound. In the audio set up, the volume slider bar is not enable--I can't move it. It is stuck in the left-most position. All yellow question and exclamation marks are gone.

my system indicates that the best driver is installed. I hate to see their worst driver! Why do I get that message when there is no audio?

My audio adapter is called "Crystal Sound Fusion." If I search for a new driver, what exactly would I search for? Is there a particular name and number?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online