1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Audio issue - Read Plz

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by jazf78, Nov 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jazf78

jazf78 Thread Starter

I have 2 OS installed, Windows 7 and Ubuntu 10.04

I have a gigabyte X58A-UD3R mobo and a 5.1 logitech speaker set.

At Windows 7, i have installed latest drivers for every single hardware I have

the issue I'm experiencing is this:

The rear speakers volume is so low and distorted,

When setting up the audio config utility, the setup test runs fine. It plays a sound on each of the speakers, it does it succesful. there's no issues here. same volume on each speaker.

But when playing music, videos or anything at all, @ rear speakers all I hear is a garbage/noise low sound.

I got this computer 6 months ago (built it myself), I have reinstalled win7 (32bit) 2 times.

But, it's a whole different story at Linux Ubuntu 10.04 (32bit)

The sound is perfect, i don't have the words to describe the perfectness when playing music.

It's nowhere near the quality when playing music @ Win7, not just the problem with the distorted sound at rear speakers, the overall quality is different. Feels like true environment audio experience, all 5 speakers independantly but synched with the bass and all... this is Ubuntu 10.04 install,. Of course, all 5 speakers have perfect quality music/sound.

I have emailed gigabyte tech support describing what I just wrote here, their answer was, the most vague one, ' I had a faulty system' (wtf?)(n)

I'll reinstall one more time soon but before I do that, Anyone got any idea how to fix this ?

I got latest gigabyte audio drivers from their page, I have tried all sorts of set ups on the HD Realtek Audio center @ Windows7.

I was wondering maybe If I found what linux driver ubuntu is using so I then I could look if the ones who made it might have a win7 version one?

I need win7 still, for gaming and the family mostly since they dont know linux, Im very new at linux myself.

Any suggestions/feedback is appreciated, thanks.

System Specs:
    Gigabyte X58A-UD3R Ver2.0 motherboard
    Core i7 930 cpu
    6GB 1366 memory ram
    2 1tb hard disks
    110 logitech gaming keyboard
    5.1 logitech speaker set
    nvidia 460gtx hawk 1gig ddr5 video card

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1028836

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice