1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Audio issue

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Basilisk, Apr 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Basilisk

Basilisk Thread Starter

Very recently, my computer has been having problems with getting the sound to work on some of my players. To be more specific, my winamp will not play any songs and just sits at 0:00 even after I hit play, and then media player classic, VLC player, DivX, and even the windows media player will NOT play sound on any video file I open (avi, mkv, etc etc...). Strangely, when I restart my computer some of the sound comes back on and winamp works, but when I open up any video file within those media players some of the sounds just turn off and everything becomes silenced once again. Even the sound when you click on a folder is muted.

Now, the one thing you'll ask me first is do I have all the codecs to play all these files? Yes, I have every single codec needed to play just about everything, so this also confuses me as to why it has started this glitch or whatever. Also, I had recently updated my VeohTV program as well and it will not play any sound either. I honestly have no idea what the **** is going on with my computer and I know my speakers are fine.

2. jazz3000

jazz3000

I don't know what apps your using for your sound system but it may well be you've somehow switched a default player with something else. The system might not know which program to use. You have to run down what defaults and drivers your audio uses as default and make sure it's still the same. Go into Sound under Control Panel and check to see what's going on. Jazz

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/702378

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice