1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

audio issue

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by gonchi1207, Sep 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. gonchi1207

gonchi1207 Thread Starter

i have a problem while listening to music,,,, the pc freezes up and after 5 secs it is normal again.....sometimes it reboot
    it also happens when i use windowfx, or other programs to make xp look better
    this appears to be a graphic card problem,, since the pc freezes and i had a problem last week with it,, i thought it was useless,, i couldnt start the pc cos it rebooted,,, after uninstalling and reinstalling the graphic card driver the problem was solved.....

the weird thing about this is that only happens while using a music player (wmp itunes winamp) etc.. but when i play games that also have audio like cs source nothing happens.......

maybe uninstalling the gpu and audio drivers and reinstalling them????

is there a way,, after the pc is rebooted,, the error that caused that????
    windows must have a registry about these type of events

thnx in adv

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Is this music on a CD or is it one the hard disk?

3. gonchi1207

gonchi1207 Thread Starter

its on a hd.....
    now its happening more often and the thing is that doesnt happen only while playing music,, also using windows normally,, especially if i use windowfx or ubericon etc...

4. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Check to see if your drive has reverted to PIO mode rather than dma mode. Do this under the atapi controller>properties.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/752301

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice