1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Audio issues from custom built PC

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mo4sho, Dec 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mo4sho

mo4sho Thread Starter

Hi Everyone,

I built a PC a little while back, it has a AsRock K6 motherboard, and I've installed all of the drivers from their website.

I am having an issue where the monitor I have connected makes a crackling sound (regardless of whether the audio is muted or not on the PC). The only way to stop this sound is to make the volume zero on the monitor itself using the hardware buttons on the monitor.

The other issue is when I plug in headphones to the front audio port and listen to anything, the audio is distorted. Also, when headphones are plugged in, the crackling sound from the monitor continues.

I've googled and tried everything I could think of (uninstall and reinstall drivers, reset the cables, try a different set of headphones, try a different auxiliary cable, etc.) and I just can't figure it out. The monitor and headphones work fine when plugged in to other devices.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Education, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 158 Stepping 10
    Processor Count: 12
    RAM: 16053 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630, 1024 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 930 GB (856 GB Free); D: 452 GB (288 GB Free);
    Motherboard: ASRock, Z370 Gaming K6
    Antivirus: Avast Antivirus, Enabled and Updated

2. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    Generally, for monitors speakers to work, there is an audio cable which connects from the monitor to the PC audio output. Try disconnecting the audio cable from the PC and then test your other issues.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1221112

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice