1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Audio Manager: A jack has been plugged in.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Firah, Sep 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Firah

Firah Thread Starter

Hello Everybody!
    This problem started after someone plugged the speaker into the Line Out (black) port.
    1) there is no sound, though drivers and all other audio settings are normal.
    2) Reaktek HD Audio Manager pops up and the check-box window asks: Which device did you plug in? 'Line Out' is checked. On the task bar, the icon pops up a baloon saying: A jack has been plugged in. The Audio Manager window keeps refreshing itself every minute or two.
    Gigabyte GA-M51GM-S2G Mainboard.
    Windows XP Pro SP2.

Will someone please help.

2. BG-0

BG-0

Uninstall the audio driver and/or Audio Manager, restart the computer, and reinstall them.

3. Firah

Firah Thread Starter

I put in a new hard drive and installed XP & drivers. Problem pesists.

4. BG-0

BG-0

That only suggests a broken sound card... Is it integrated to the motherboard?

5. Firah

Firah Thread Starter

Oh yes, it is.... A new sound card will work, yes. But could it be broken just by plugging the speaker into the Line Out port?

6. BG-0

BG-0

I don't know. Someone actually seemed to waste his PS/2 ports by plugging the mouse in the KB slot and KB to mouse slot.. :eek: I plug the audio cords to wrong ports about once a week on several machines... Mine and others'. Never had any trouble. (except no sound, lol ^_^) Once even plugged my back speaker's jack in all the slots to see if I could get any sound out of them... Reminded, I could start a thread about that. I've never got any audio out of them. o_O

7. acameron

acameron

The on-board sound on the giga-byte boards with RealTek sound manager installed have universal audio jacks w/ what they call "Jack Sensing" . Meaning that the same jack can be used for input (microphone) or output (speakers).

When you plug a device into that jack it should give you the option to select the type of device you plugged in.

8. BG-0

BG-0

With my onboard audio and RealtTek sound manager, it just whines about a wrong device plugged to a wrong port, if I choose that I've plugged (for example my mic to speakers port).

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/753229

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice