1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Audio/Mic inputs on front of PC no longer work

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Drebin, Nov 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Drebin

Drebin Thread Starter

When I setup my older PC for a friend, I noticed that I was missing my motherboard driver disc. The motherboard is an ASUS A8N Premium SLI. The front audio and mic inputs no longer work, but the USB inputs on the front do work.

I checked out this site - http://www.driverstock.com/ASUS-A8N-SLI-Premium-driver-download/6-9-10198/index.html - but I don't know which drivers I need to download.

These inputs were working fine for me and I think it's a driver issue. Does anyone know which drivers I need to download to fix this problem?

Thanks.

2. TekTime

TekTime

3. Drebin

Drebin Thread Starter

Thanks for your help. I installed the audio drivers but I still have the same problem. I forgot to mention that the device manager shows yellow exclamation marks for the following items:

All under "Other devices"

- Other PCI Bridge Device
    - PCI Memory Controller
    - PCI Modem
    - Raid Controller (I think this always had the exclamation mark)
    - SM Bus Controller
    - Unknown Device
    - USB Device

I mistakenly thought that downloading the motherboard's audio driver would fix this problem. IS it the USB Device that's causing the problem? I didn't think so because USB memory sticks work in the front inputs.

Any suggestions?

4. TekTime

TekTime

Sorry...I notice that you mentioned you didn't have the driver's disk.

You are geeting the yellow exclamation marks because the mainboard drivers haven't been installed.

You will need to install the motherboard drivers, if you can. I would suggest that you go to the website, or contact Asus to ensure you have the correct and most recent drivers.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Drebin

Drebin Thread Starter

Do you know which drivers in particular I need to install?

6. TekTime

TekTime

If you can get a disk that would really help, because you could have windows search the CD Rom for the correct drivers.

Posted via Mobile Device

7. TekTime

TekTime

I just viewed the link you posted.
    Do you have a Raid configuration?

You will need to download the "Premium Chipset" driver and possibly the "Raid" driver.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/880612

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice