1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Audio [mic] Inputs on HP DC7600: Mono or Stereo? Balanced/un?

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by zapp22, Apr 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zapp22

zapp22 Thread Starter

Anyone know the answer to this:
    I have a stock HP DC7600 running XP pro, pretty loaded. But using the default oem sound chip [Realtek HD] and device interfaces. It has a headphone and mic jacks on the front panel, and repeat on the back panel.
    My question is whether the MIC input is looking for a balanced [3-conductor] plug or unbalanced [two conductor]. I'm not getting a good sound and so de-bugging.

I notice that the mic line on my ancient Cpq-delivered headset is three-conductor, but that particular headset was packaged with a monitor and may have been peculiar to that particular device..

all help much appreciated.
    z

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/816376

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice