1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Audio/microphone Jacks not working properly

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by gladiator9409, Dec 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gladiator9409

gladiator9409 Thread Starter

So I have had this problem for a few months. It was an issue before because USB audio works completely fine, like my USB headset. My USB headset broke so I bought a normal headset. The issue I"m having is this:

One of the audio jacks doesn't even read my device when I plug it in, whether it be speakers or my headset. The other one on the back, however, reads it but only reads the left side. And whenever I play a game or listen to music, the speakers or headset just make fuzzy crackling noises. Now the microphone jack in the front doesn't read my mic at all, and the back one says it reads it but still doesn't seem to work.

Could this be an issue with my motherboard or just the connections of the audio jacks themselves?

2. KomputerKid

KomputerKid

Not quite enough info yet to go on. Is this audio card built into the motherboard or is it a PCI card? Something simple we can try to start, go to the control panel, open devise manager, go to sound devises, click on you sound card, uninstall it then reboot windows. Windows should install new drivers. See if this gets your sound back. If not we'll try something else.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1140002

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice