Audio not working

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

rick_g

Something has happened to my computer I can no longer use audio in chat or hear the audio in emails or listen to Cd's. Have followed all the helps in yahoo audio wizard. Say compression codes are not set went through and reset them. Any suggestions. When i use my headset i can hear myself but cannot connect to chat.

Go into the control panel>system>device manager and click on the + beside sound,video and game controllers. Check for yellow ! or ? beside you audio devices. If ! ? are present you'll need to reinstall or update the audio device drivers. :) Have you onboard or pci sound card??

rick_g

Checked what you said and that all checks out. No yellow ! or ?. I have an onboard sound card. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Does this ONLY happen in your chat program? Which chat program are you using?

rick_g

I cant use audio for anything not cd's, not email, not chat, It says its already in use. And when I restart I can hear that is hangs up. But dont know how to correct it. Don't know what OS will as my husband when he gets back..went in under his ID.

rick_g

I cant use audio for anything not cd's, not email, not chat, It says its already in use. And when I restart I can hear that is hangs up. But dont know how to correct it.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online