1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

audio output

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by nexolus, Jan 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. nexolus

nexolus Thread Starter

i have a nice set of speakers (logitech z2300.) they sound perfect with my mp3 player, but when i hook up my laptop the bass output is significantly decreased, and i've tried everything, but maybe it's just my hardware. i have a realtek hd audio with 5.10 drivers. is there something i can do? thanks.

2. nexolus

nexolus Thread Starter

le bump

3. ioTus

ioTus

Le response!

You know, there may be an internal EQ that is being set specifically for headphones, or internal speakers. There are a few places where this could be taking place.

one place to look is the system sound properties. In your control panel, click on the "Sounds, speech, and audio devices" category. Then go to "Change the speaker settings"

A new panel pops up, and at the bottom is a "Speaker settings" section, where you can click "advanced...". Do so. Here you can select the options for how windows manages your sounds. You can select betwee headphones, 2 speakers, 4 speakers, etc. Choose what best describes your setup.

However, keep in mind that after changing this, it will stay that way until you change it back. So if you stop using your speakers, windows will still be adjusting the sound as though you were, so you'll want to change it.

This may be all well and good, but if it doesn't change anything, then perhaps there is a special program bundled with your audio drivers that is setting an EQ. Oftentimes you can get into this program by finding it in your task bar area (by the system clock).

Post a reply if this doesnt help you at all.

4. nexolus

nexolus Thread Starter

No I've tried that. I've also tried a few different audio programs and their EQ's... I currently use MediaMonkey. The enhancements do make it better, but hardly. There is a *major* difference between the sound from mp3 players and my laptop. The EQ thing doesn't help too much either because I like to watch a lot of movies with my laptop, and most video programs don't have a very good built-in EQ. When I change the sound settings to headphones to 2channel to 4channel and back, there is no difference in the sound whatsoever.

5. nexolus

nexolus Thread Starter

6. ioTus

ioTus

Check on the settings of your MP3 player, and see if IT has an EQ. Several of the MP3 players that I have owned come with "SRS WOW" eq turned on. I always opt to turn it off to get a more accurate sound reproduction. It could be that you're haering the MP3 player's eq, and the comp doesn't have an eq set at all.

7. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
  8. nexolus

nexolus Thread Starter

the mp3 player does have its own EQ but i turned it off and it still got significantly greater bass output than my computer. i have SRS WOW on my laptop, is there a way to disable that?

the realtek drivers i have now are up-to-date and has its own built in mixer and environmental effects, but that EQ is terrible... it just boosts the lows that come out of the satellite speakers and hardly any for my subwoofer.

9. nexolus

nexolus Thread Starter

10. nexolus

nexolus Thread Starter

le bump

11. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
  12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/538137

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice