Audio Problem: High Whine on Left Speaker (ASUS AC'97 onboard a m2n4-sli)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dashdanw

There is something wrong with the green slot in the sound built into my motherboard (posted below), its AC'97 on a ASUS M2N4 motherboard, the drivers are up to date and im sure its not the stereo, or the speakers. Its a faint eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee sound with no fluctuation, and it gets louder when i turn up the sound on the speaker or the computer. Any ideas n what might be the issue? here the mobo:http://www.newegg.com/Product/ShowI...IDIA+nForce4+SLI+ATX+AMD+Motherboard+-+Retail

i had this when i had a magnet near my speakers. Are there any phones or anything like that near the speakers?

dashdanw

the speaker is next to the motherboard side of the tower? actually its between the monitor and the computer, but like i said it works fine when i play a CD or listen to the radio

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts