1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Audio Problem: High Whine on Left Speaker (ASUS AC'97 onboard a m2n4-sli)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dashdanw, Jan 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dashdanw

dashdanw Thread Starter

There is something wrong with the green slot in the sound built into my motherboard (posted below), its AC'97 on a ASUS M2N4 motherboard, the drivers are up to date and im sure its not the stereo, or the speakers. Its a faint eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee sound with no fluctuation, and it gets louder when i turn up the sound on the speaker or the computer. Any ideas n what might be the issue? here the mobo:http://www.newegg.com/Product/ShowI...IDIA+nForce4+SLI+ATX+AMD+Motherboard+-+Retail

2. EasY_TargeT

EasY_TargeT

i had this when i had a magnet near my speakers. Are there any phones or anything like that near the speakers?

3. dashdanw

dashdanw Thread Starter

the speaker is next to the motherboard side of the tower? actually its between the monitor and the computer, but like i said it works fine when i play a CD or listen to the radio

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/537840

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice