1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Audio Problem In Windows Vista

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Bondy, Nov 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Bondy

Bondy Thread Starter

Hey everyone, I got a problem with my Sound Blaster Live! Its all installed, works fine I can hear things fine but.... When I go to the Windows Vista Audio Mixer I have hardly any control over the device. The line in dont work for some reason it says its unavailable. I also dont have that feature that I did with windows XP called "What you hear" or "Stereo Mix" Where I can make the recording device be what ever sounds the PC makes and I really need this.

Here is what it looks like

[​IMG]

Can any here help me? Are there any settings I can change or software I can download which will allow me to make the "Line In" available and the "What you hear" to appear on the mixer? I also had this same problem with a different sound card so its not the sound card to blame.

Cheers

Windows Vista Build: 6000 (Final)

2. TheApprentice

TheApprentice

I have similar problem as well....

Its quite possible that you don't have the right "Vista Drivers" for your sound card installed...thats why you don't get the full functionality...

I'm not totally familiar with sound blaster as my audio is "on-board" so therefore check the manufacturer's website for Vista Drivers...If not there as yet, then you may have to wait until VISTA Retail releases...

3. TechB

TechB

4. Bondy

Bondy Thread Starter

None on there for Vista.

5. TechB

TechB

If there aren't any Vista drivers for your model some people have had success with the Live! 24 bit drivers on other Live! cards. Note that this may or may not work on your system and Creative Labs still lists the drivers as being for the beta versions of Vista.

Click Soundblaster
    Click Live!
    Click Live! 24 bit
    Click Next
    On the drop down list for Select your operating system pick Windows Vista 32 bit or 64 bit.

6. Bondy

Bondy Thread Starter

Ill try it, though my card isn't the 24-bit version.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/520473

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice