1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Audio Problem...severe...

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by BlackTieRiot, Nov 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. BlackTieRiot

BlackTieRiot Thread Starter

Hey everyone, stumbled upon this site looking for some help with a real bad problem involving my audio on my PC. I'm not a newbie when it comes to computers so I've tried a lot of things to solve my problem. Let me start out by stating the problem, that's always a good idea :D . iTunes highlights files I double click and puts them in the display bar to be played but the time remains at 0:00. I thought this was a contained issue so I removed and reinstalled iTunes and got the same error. Shortly after, I ran into a similar error involving Windows Media Player and began troubleshooting it how I know how to. I system restored....nothing. Removed Audio Drivers and reinstalled them, nothing. I removed all my codecs and reinstalled them, nothing. I virus and spyware scanned using Ad-Aware, spybot and norton 360 (which I hate) and got no results. So I got desperate and contacted HP, the maker of my m8120n and they gave me some half assed solution which wound up in me losing my system sound which was the only sound I had. So now I'm completely screwed, me being big on music, I'm curled up in a corner in the fetal position. They wanted me to use the recovery discs they sent me but the dumbnuts sent me the wrong Recovery Discs when I ordered them. I have no Vista DVDs or CDs does anyone have a solution?

2. BlackTieRiot

BlackTieRiot Thread Starter

anybody??!!! :(

3. Rickpenn

Rickpenn

theres a big post in the hardware forum in the archive for similar sounding sound problem

4. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    Check out http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=305042
    iTunes and Windows Vista
    Apple recommends that iTunes customers using Windows Vista upgrade to iTunes 7.2 or later. If you are using an iPod with iTunes on Windows Vista, please review the important information in Knowledge Base document #305289.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/647002

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice