Audio problem with setting not wires or anything

Jackson4885

I had the person who built my PC look inside of it and he said it's not wires or anything. The problem is that with any headset or ear buds or anything at all all audio only comes out one side and the mic doesn't work. I can't find any YouTube video or tutorial that says how to fix my problem but if anyone can find one that would be great. I haven't messed with the settings it's been like this since I got the computer. If you could just reply with a walkthrough in what to do in the settings then it would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Jackson4885

You are posting in a hardware forum and no one [other than you] has any idea what hardware you are running. Post ALL of your exact system specs; this utility will help with most [however not all] specs. Run it and post the output along with what exact sound card or if using onboard sound.
TSG System Information Utility (latest version) (techguy.org)
I didn't know where else to post it but like I said in the post it isn't the computer but something to do with the settings which is pointed out in the subject and in the post. I put this here since I didn't know what else fit it.

crjdriver

OK, you are not understanding. No one can help you unless they know what they are working on. You need to include as much info as possible.

Oddba11

Jim
Are you using standard 3.5mm ports or USB? If 3.5mm ports, have you tested using both the front and rear panel ports?

If you are using 3.5mm ports and it's not working on the rear panel port, it's very likely a hardware fault.

And as noted above, we know nothing about your hardware nor which OS you are using. Hardware is important as we need to know what audio chipset or card is being used. Sounds settings vary between OS's and audio drivers. Or you could be using some 3rd party hardware or audio software.

Jackson4885

Are you using standard 3.5mm ports or USB? If 3.5mm ports, have you tested using both the front and rear panel ports?

If you are using 3.5mm ports and it's not working on the rear panel port, it's very likely a hardware fault.

And as noted above, we know nothing about your hardware nor which OS you are using. Hardware is important as we need to know what audio chipset or card is being used. Sounds settings vary between OS's and audio drivers. Or you could be using some 3rd party hardware or audio software.
Im using Realtek audio and im using windows 10 also I tried both types of headphone jacks and a wire splitter since mine has two spots. Also when I go to the Realtek audio console the right-left balance is right in the middle

crjdriver

A very quick way to tell if you have a hardware or software/driver is to boot the system with a linux live usb. If you have the same problem running a live usb, the hardware has failed. If it works ok running the linux live usb, then you know you have a driver or windows problem.
Use either linux Mint or ubuntu for this task.

Jackson4885

A very quick way to tell if you have a hardware or software/driver is to boot the system with a linux live usb. If you have the same problem running a live usb, the hardware has failed. If it works ok running the linux live usb, then you know you have a driver or windows problem.
Alright im going to try to get one then let you know then

Jackson4885

How do I use them? I never used Linux or any other OS and I don't know what to do with the linux live or the linux mint. Also what version should I use? There are a few of them like Cinnamon and MATE

crjdriver

Mate is fine. You download the iso file and use something like rufus to make the bootable usb. You boot your system from the usb.
Linux live will setup all of your hardware so you will know in seconds if you have a filed sound chip or a windows/driver problem.

Jackson4885

Mate is fine. You download the iso file and use something like rufus to make the bootable usb. You boot your system from the usb.
Linux live will setup all of your hardware so you will know in seconds if you have a filed sound chip or a windows/driver problem.
Im not familiar with stuff like that can you dumb it down for me or explain how to do it? I have installed rufus and linux mint with MATE

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online