1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Audio problems when using capture software

Discussion in 'Games' started by Thegamer, May 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thegamer

Thegamer Thread Starter

Hi Everyone

I am using an Elgato game capture HD and am having problems with the software when capturing the audio, the game capture hardware uses the HDMI audio (the HDMI output is coming directly from my graphics card) to record the gameplay sound.

The problem is I leave this disabled as it uses AWEFUL internal speakers in the monitor, I prefer to use the 5.1 audio speakers that use jacks that plug into the my MSI 970 gaming motherboard. However because of this the software doesn't pick up the audio through the HDMI (as there isn't any going through).

Is there a way around this problem (listening through the internal speakers really does injustice to EVERY game I try and hurts at higher volume levels) I have contacted Elgato but to no avail (what I need is a tech expert not a customer service rep). Can I have the audio go through both (but keep the monitor muted in settings) so it can pick up audio through HDMI while still listening to the audio through my speakers?

I've had a quick look around the web and have found references to being able to do it through both as long as you have two sound cards (as I use my GPU to output sound through the HDMI but my mother board to put audio though the Jacks at the back I would think it possible) but I cant find out how.

The photo sh0ws the Elgato 4 (which allows the software to pick up the audio but uses the monitor speakers) and the speakers underneath are the 5.1 sound system I prefer to use.

Any help here would be incredibly appreciated
    Thanks in advance you great lot!

Attached Files:

2. Thegamer

Thegamer Thread Starter

just a note, the elgato icon at the top was a driver that came with the software but its for commentary and doesn't do anything, I have tried with various default devices and this is an old photo for example only

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1170921

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice