Audio Problems

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

DankPunk

Earlier this week, I've been experiencing audio problems that cuts out all audio in my headset. I couldn't hear my game, discord, or youtube. I tried reinstalling my audio drivers, troubleshooting but nothing worked. Please help!

plodr

Liz
Try the headset in another device to narrow down if it is your computer or the headset.

DankPunk

It's not my headset, I'm starting to think it is that my PSU is dying because sometimes when I boot up my PC it just sits at a black screen and I'd wait there for 10-20 minutes before turning it off again and booting it up.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
We know absolutely nothing about your computer.

If it's a factory-brand one, advise us what brand name and model name and model number it is.

If it's a self-built one, advise us what brand name and model number its motherboard is.
Also advise us what brand name and model number and wattage its power supply is.
Also advise us the description of its graphic card - if it has one.

Which Windows version is it running?

--------------------------------------------------------------

DankPunk

It is a Digital storm computer, its model name is the Vanquish 6 and I'm running windows 10, I'm not sure where to find the model number

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
I'm not sure where to find the model number
If you remove the side panel of the case and look inside, you'll be able to determine the description of the motherboard, power supply, and graphic card(if it has one).

Also do the following in that computer:
Download and save the TSG System Information Utility (SysInfo.exe) file.
After it's been downloaded and saved, double-click it to run it.
Information about that computer will appear.
Return here to your thread, then copy-and-paste the ENTIRE text here.

---------------------------------------------------------------

DankPunk

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7500 CPU @ 3.40GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 158 Stepping 9
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 8063 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, -1 Mb
Hard Drives: C: 93 GB (34 GB Free); D: 931 GB (762 GB Free);
Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC., H110M-E/M.2
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
ASUS H110M-E/M.2 motherboard
It has a Realtek ALC887 High Definition Audio sound device.
The Windows 10 64-bit driver listed for it is version 6.0.1.7701 and is dated January 2016.

Go HERE.
Click "HD Audio Codec Driver", then put a checkmark in the box, then click "Next".
Click the "Global" link (second one down) to download and save the Windows 10 64-bit driver, dated January 2017.
After it's downloaded and saved, close all open windows.
Double-click it to start the update process, then follow the instructions.
If all goes well, it'll update the driver to version 6.0.1.8036.

Load the Realtek HD Audio Manager app afterwards, then make the necessary setting changes and adjustments.
See if that helps.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts