1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Audio recording device cannot be found

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jeffkilsby, Jun 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jeffkilsby

jeffkilsby Thread Starter

Hi,
    My daughter has a Sony VGN-N21E laptop running Vista home premium and is using a Logitech Quickcam Messenger(USB), Monzilla etc. She assures me that the sound was working initially but it isn't now.
    Skype give the fault "Problems with recording device"
    The Vista sound recorder gives "recording device cannot be found
    Microphone does not work on messenger.
    Logitech software shows no mike connected, none detected
    I have tried 3 USB microphones with the same results

When I access "sounds" in the control panel the recording device is shown as USB and working and also shows the mike input level as a moving bar graph.
    The other installed recorder is the standard installed Realtec one which uses the 2.5mm socket as opposed to the USB.
    I have updated the drives from Sony and Logitech

It appears that the system is "seeing" the USB mike but not "using" it, any opinions please
    Thanks

Jeff

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/587169