1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Audio Recording problem

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by officialblueboys, Apr 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. officialblueboys

officialblueboys Thread Starter

OS - Vista Ultimate 32-Bit

Realtek HD Audio
    Driver Version - 6.0.1.5443
    Audio Codec - ALC885

Problem - Well the problem is when I'm recording a song(in Audacity) with the background music playing in Audacity , the music also gets recorded and it ruins the whole recording . This should not happen as I'm using headphones while recording. The same problem used to happen when I was using XP . But I got rid of that from the Volume Control of XP. But in vista there are hardly any options to customize the sound mixer .

So in short I want that when I record the song there should be only vocals and not music. Please help!

2. paulb100

paulb100

you need to play the music from another source, playing it AUDACITY whilst RECORDING from MIC in the same program is bound to do that,

try playing the music from WMP and record your AUdio in AUDACITY

3. officialblueboys

officialblueboys Thread Starter

no it is not helping . Even if I play the music in another player the problem still presists.

If I press the record button and keep my mic somewhere else and don't say anything still the music gets recorded .

It is the same thing as recording the song which is currently playing in your pc for example- some people record online audio streams so that they can save it as mp3 file

4. paulb100

paulb100

you need to run your audio device software and move over to the RECORDING section and disable ALL but MIC.... i know Vista is limited but your audio device (e.g. Realtek) will have its own software that controls the audio.. try finding it in control panel - they usually run at boot - if u disabled it try enabling it to run at boot

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/699814

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice