1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Audio Stuttering When Connected to Internet

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by bigdaddy34, Mar 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bigdaddy34

bigdaddy34 Thread Starter

Hello, I have been dealing with constant audio stuttering on my computer for the past 6 months. I have determined that the cause of the stuttering is my network adapters. When I play any multimedia file (video or mp3) with the network adapters DISABLED, there is no audio stuttering.

I thought the problem could be the Realtek drivers, but have decided, that it can't be. I have tried to update the Realtek audio drivers to the most current version, but the install always fails. I have completely removed the drivers, and attempted a manual update, by selecting the newest drivers that I had downloaded, by right-clicking on the Realtek Audio Controller, and selecting "update". It will install the drivers, but when I right click on the driver to verify the version I selected was installed, it will be a version, Other than the one I selected. It doesn't make sense. The driver (any version past 2015) won't install.

I have also checked system RAM for any errors, and everything comes up clean.

I have disabled the onboard audio card and used a PCI audio card, but the problem persists. I removed the PCI Audio card, and went back to the onboard audio card, and the problem is still there.

All system hard drives are in good working order, no issues. I monitor them with Crystal-Disk & Speccy.

I have also used a USB WIFI adapter to omit using a wired ethernet cable, but the stuttering continues.

Please help.

2. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    Sounds like a Windows problem, not necessarily an audio issue. The fact that new drivers won't install would be the primary concern.

Also, as you have used at least 2 or possibly 3 different audio chipsets, you have already ruled out an audio chipset/driver issue.

Are all of the normal Windows updates still installing?

3. bigdaddy34

Yes. Sorry for the delay in responding. The updates are installing fine. I even thought the issue could be my Time Warner/Spectrum modem. I just recently updated to the new Spectrum modem, but the problem still persists.

4. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    Try running SFC /scannow from a cmd prompt. That will verify all of the core Windows files are intact.

As for the Realtek drivers, get the latest version available from the manufacturer (PC manufacturer or motherboard manufacturer) for your specific model.

5. bigdaddy34

Test results of scannow.

Attached Files:

6. lynx1021

lynx1021

Please provide as much detail about your computer as possible. It is recommended that you download and run the http://static.techguy.org/download/SysInfo.exe and include the log produced in your post. Need to know the case, motherboard , is it a manufactured computer (like dell) or custom build.

7. bigdaddy34

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3470 CPU @ 3.20GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 58 Stepping 9
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 16338 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, -1 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 234 GB (76 GB Free); D: 230 GB (189 GB Free); E: 1863 GB (1015 GB Free);
    Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0YXT71
    Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

8. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    Appears to be a Dell computer. There should be a white label on the case. Get the Service Tag number from the label and goto Dell support. Enter the Service Tag number and you will get a list of the drivers. Download and install the audio driver. If the install fails, provide the error message.

9. bigdaddy34

I downloaded and tried to install the updated Realtek Audio drivers. Didn't take. I have attached the error log.

Attached Files:

10. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    So a few things here:

1) Likely not relevant, but is your system time correct? The logs are showing "2017"
    2) The main error is the "software dependency error". Sounds like it's trying to find something which isn't there. Which I don't understand as the install package should include everything needed.
    3) Based on past experience, the install is likely failing because there is a newer version of the driver already installed (also noted in the log).

What is the actual audio chipset used? Check the audio chipset entry in Device Manager and see if it's listed by chipset name.

From what I can find, it appears to be the ALC269Q chipset. I would suggest using the latest version of the driver from Realtek, but they don't list that chipset (it's rather old).

11. lynx1021

lynx1021

The text is saying you already have the latest Dell version :Installed version : 6.0.1.6070. You can try rolling back to a previous version to see if that makes a difference. I remember some one fixed her problem by turning off "hardware acceleration" in her browsers. What browser do you use?

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1224163

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice