1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Audio stuttering with AMD dual-core processor

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by JohnWill, Jul 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator Thread Starter

Well, now I have a problem that I don't find a ready solution for. I have the AMD X2 dual-core processor, and I'm experiencing periodic stuttering with audio from any source or application. I've tried a number of MP3 players, all have the problem, including WMP.

When I search for the problem, I see lots of people talking about it, but no real solutions. I have installed the AMD dual-core optimization driver, but that doesn't seem to have done the trick.

Do any of the folks running AMD dual-core processors see this issue? More importantly, has anyone come up with a solution? :)

2. kidcnote

kidcnote Banned

Wow, never thought I'd see JWill post about a problem he couldn't fix :p But anyways, Look here http://fyad.org/fsf8 and it my solve your problem or show you another path to rectify your sound deliema..
    Good luck (y)

3. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator Thread Starter

As you can imagine, I've done a number of searches on Google, but thanks for the thought. :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/488089

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice