Audio suddenly stopped working

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Briangelo

The sound suddenly stopped on my laptop. The speakers aren't working and also the audio output jack, but speakers of a monitor works when I connect it through HDMI port
I have tried reinstalling the default driver Realtek(R) audio, tried unistalling third party sound enhancement app Nahimic and disabling its driver Nahimic mirroring device, and there's still no sound.
Whenever I try to click "test" in sound settings for the speakers, there's a pop-up window that says "Failed to play test tone"
I also saw online that I can try and check if sound card is enabled in BIOS, but I can't seem to find it.
My laptop is MSi GV62 8RC-240PH-BG5830H4G1T0X10S
Software update on windows are up to date

crjdriver

If you want to find out very quickly if this is a hardware ie part on motherboard failed OR a software/driver problem, boot the system with a linux live usb. If the sound works under linux, then you know the hardware is ok and it is a driver problem. If the sound does not work under linux, you know a part on your laptop has failed.
Use linux Mint or Ubuntu for this task.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online