1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Audio Trouble

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Mr. Tech, Apr 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Mr. Tech

Mr. Tech Thread Starter

I usually watch videos in windows media player using my earphones, no problem at all. Today I tried to do so and noticed that the volume was much lower in the right earphone and it kept making a really bad static noise. First I figured I must've busted the right earphone by listening too loud or something. I swapped out the earphones for another set, but still the same issue. Note that I tried maybe 3-4 pairs, mostly stock iPod ones which I normally use, and a non-Apple pair. Didn't make any difference. I spent ages messing around with all my settings, trying different earphones, modifying speaker options, but I couldn't find the problem. Finally figured out that this issue is exclusive to WMP, as the earphones seem to work fine listening to anything outside of that application. Earlier on I was messing about with the sample rate in speaker settings and I'm not sure whether that may be a factor or not, but I returned it to the default and WMP playback is still messed up. Can anyone help me out with this if they know a potential fix? I use CCCP for codecs, if that has anything to do with it.

2. Mr. Tech

Mr. Tech Thread Starter

Umm yeah, can anyone help?

3. afterlife1230

afterlife1230

It might be the place you plug in your headphones. maybe its getting old or something. I dont know

4. sup2a

sup2a

have you un and reinstalled drivers? ive heard a few problems like this but never heard of a fix

5. gyrgrls

gyrgrls Banned

I just did another thread about WMP.

BAD NEWS: The latest releases of WMP 9, and 11, seem to have serious bugs.

If you have an older version on hand, roll back. It'll save you a lot of headache.

Also, open "mixer.exe", and check to see if one of the "balance controls"
    is off-center. You can reset it until you're blue in the face, but a faulty driver
    can put it back, all by itself. It's really not a hardware driver, per se. It's
    a bug in WMP. It has something to do with protection mode, because the
    latest version of WINAMP even causes WMP to crash.

Don't believe me?
    http://forums.techguy.org/multimedia/701446-solved-mp9-chokes-audio-video.html

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/700484

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice