Audio Trouble

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Mr. Tech

I usually watch videos in windows media player using my earphones, no problem at all. Today I tried to do so and noticed that the volume was much lower in the right earphone and it kept making a really bad static noise. First I figured I must've busted the right earphone by listening too loud or something. I swapped out the earphones for another set, but still the same issue. Note that I tried maybe 3-4 pairs, mostly stock iPod ones which I normally use, and a non-Apple pair. Didn't make any difference. I spent ages messing around with all my settings, trying different earphones, modifying speaker options, but I couldn't find the problem. Finally figured out that this issue is exclusive to WMP, as the earphones seem to work fine listening to anything outside of that application. Earlier on I was messing about with the sample rate in speaker settings and I'm not sure whether that may be a factor or not, but I returned it to the default and WMP playback is still messed up. Can anyone help me out with this if they know a potential fix? I use CCCP for codecs, if that has anything to do with it.

have you un and reinstalled drivers? ive heard a few problems like this but never heard of a fix

gyrgrls

Banned
I just did another thread about WMP.

BAD NEWS: The latest releases of WMP 9, and 11, seem to have serious bugs.

If you have an older version on hand, roll back. It'll save you a lot of headache.

Also, open "mixer.exe", and check to see if one of the "balance controls"
is off-center. You can reset it until you're blue in the face, but a faulty driver
can put it back, all by itself. It's really not a hardware driver, per se. It's
a bug in WMP. It has something to do with protection mode, because the
latest version of WINAMP even causes WMP to crash.

Don't believe me?
http://forums.techguy.org/multimedia/701446-solved-mp9-chokes-audio-video.html

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online