Audio/Video Internet

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

F-EMDE

How do I get Audio & video over the internet, E-Mail, Phone, what.
I have camera and mic. I have NetMeeting, ICQ, etc. I can set and look at a picture of myself on NetMeeting but I don't how to hook up with anyone.
Fred

there are a few programs available where you can visit cam rooms & audio chats

some you have to pay for & others are free.

I belong to a paid site simply because I find it safer then free sites

I mean that as not as worried about being hacked or someone stalking me etc...

http://www.4anything.com ( 30 days free right now )
tell them Soulfully_Savvy sent you.

would love to see ya there

then
you may try free sites if you like

there is Yahoo
and Paltalk...
also there is Netmeeting............im sure there are some others too

:) Savvy

Generally with Netmeeting you set up a video conference in advance with someone since you need to know their IP to connect. There are also servers that Netmeeting users can log on to to find people to connect with. Do a www search for "ILS servers" to find them. Also if you are on IRC there are Netmeeting channels to mee others into conferencing.

ICUII and Paltalk are also good for audio and video connections as well IVISIT. All three have web sites:

www.icuii.com
www.paltalk.com
www.ivisit.com

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online