1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

audio/video skipping at regular intervals

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by impossibleJ, Mar 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. impossibleJ

impossibleJ Thread Starter

this is a recurring problem with my HP laptop pavilion ze1210. i have a new 20 gig HD, running XP home, 512 RAM.

every time i clean reinstall the OS, a few months pass and then the audio (winamp, itunes, whatever) and video (DVD's) both start skipping at regular intervals, like every second or so. everything else works fine. the skipping happens even with the startup sound audio file, as it's starting up. happened with my old HD, still happens with the new one. seems to get worse with the more programs i have open.

i defrag often, run spybot s&d all the time, and virus scan with symantec.

the only programs i run are MS office, firefox, an adobe audio editing program (rarely), and soulseek and emule file sharing progs.

ideas for troubleshooting this issue?

another thing: in the past i used to be able to solve the problem, at least temporarily, by doing a system restore. but lately the machine tells me "cannot restore to the point selected", no matter what point i select. ideas on what's happening there?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/446517

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice