1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Aurora pop up annoying me

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by Markoid63, Apr 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. golferbob

golferbob

it's working on my end also.

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

I think perhaps last night it may have been overwhelmed. It appears to be working again. I received a PM from someone else last night as well.

3. SourImplant

SourImplant

I tried downloading the uninstaller at www.mypctuneup.com/uninstaller_exe.php and it keeps saying my security settings are set too high for me to download this file. I've tried shutting down ZoneAlarm Pro and Microsoft AntiSpyware Beta, turned the dials on all my Internet Explorer security and privacy settings down to the lowest notch, and it still says my security settings are too high to download the file. I'm starting to get the feeling the company behind this whole mypctuneup.com deal is laughing at me.

4. gherkin

gherkin

sounds a little sus to me, but i downloaded and tried it due to frustration, and the files ARE gone...im just wondering what others have taken its place :eek:

also when running the exe, it froze. when i clicked "end program" a window came up saying "uninstall was complete".

i am a very paranoid person.

5. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Really, gherkin, you should start your own thread, and post a Hijack This log so the gurus can see if anything else is lurking. Most often, there is more crap that needs to be cleaned up.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/353320

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice