1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

ausone41

Discussion in 'Games' started by ausone 41, Jul 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ausone 41

ausone 41 Thread Starter

help me please
    i ran a copy of call of duty demo. it ran fine on my setup. i then purchased the full game and also the extension game. i loaded it and was told my graphics card was missing some functions to run it. same with extension. my comp runs medal of honour first three discs well.
    A: do i need an upgrade card??
    B. will an asus ati radeon 9250 128mb agp x8 card do the trick and run with my setup.
    C: are there any other cheap cards that will do it for me

i have a few games that wont run fully with the setup as is, but this is the main one i need to get going.
    appreciate any help and ideas as not very good with tech. issues
    cheers ausone41

2. 8dalejr.fan

8dalejr.fan

Welcome to TSG! :)

*What is the specific message you are receiving?

*Also, please post your complete current computer specs.

3. ausone 41

ausone 41 Thread Starter

dear 8dalejr,
    sorry so long getting back, got lost ??
    my computer stats are on my thread if you click the small computer near my log on name dont know how to put it on thread yet.
    the message i have been trying to find but sadly could not, it made references to the fact that call of duty coulsdnt find sufficient sources on the card i have to run, sorry cannot be more specific, also hi, im in australia
    ausone41

4. ausone 41

ausone 41 Thread Starter

i have an Acer G74M m\board
    2.8 amd semperon chip
    736 meg memory
    sis 661fx display adapter
    2x80 meg hard drives
    realtek AC97 sound
    running win xp spd home
    hope this helps

5. Obligatory

Obligatory

Specifically, if you're missing "functions" you're probably lacking shaders or certain graphical features.

For example, my shoddy computer lacks the ability to perform pixel shading. Thus, any game that requires pixel shading, I can't play.

This is entirely due to my graphics card, as its just a simple Intel chip.

(Psst, I have Realtek AC97's too. ._. But I can run COD)

It is probably likely that your graphics card is at fault, if you're missing functions. What exactly are you missing? If you're missing a DLL, then its probably due to faulty installation.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/484741

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice