1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Ausu strix 1050

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by TedHammond12, Mar 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. TedHammond12

TedHammond12 Thread Starter

I bought a strix gtx 1050 for a upgrade but when in my computer it doesn't want to work it loads to the menu were u can open up the bios but even the bios wont open

The fans spin for a second and the rpg lights white then does a breathing red when the fans stop spinning

I have
    500 psu
    I5 - 2320
    Idk the motherboard
    8gb of ram

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

In order to help you, you are going to have to post your exact system specs.
    There are a number of things that can cause this such as a motherboard without uefi bios, pw supply not up to pw the card, etc, etc.
    We cannot tell you until you post your specs. If the system will not boot, then open the case and look. Nothing beats the Mark I eyeball. Just about every part will have the part# and mfg silkscreened on the board OR the part will have a label with the relevant info.

3. TedHammond12

Foxconn H61MXL-K, LGA 1155/Socket H2 Is the motherboard
    8gb ddr3
    I5 - 2320
    1.5tb hrs
    500psu (cool master)
    Was running a amd 7800 series now I'm trying to run a gtx 1050

4. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

You have your answer; you are running an old board without a uefi bios. The 10xx series cards generally require a bios with uefi. Sometimes you can update to the latest bios and it works. Sometimes this has no effect. If you want to try doing a bios update, the card may work and it may not. If you do decide to update the bios, be sure you read and fully understand the flashing procedure. While a bios update is not difficult, an incorrect flash can render your motherboard unbootable ie junk.

You have two options;
    1 Update the bios and hope it will work
    2 Return the card and stick with an older video card

Note you will have to reinstall your old card in order to flash the bios.

5. TedHammond12

How do i update my bios ? And any cheap recommendations for a board with that chop set

6. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

It is not just the motherboard that would be replaced; it is a new cpu and ram as well.

First read your manual. There are detailed instructions in the motherboard manual.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1206661

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice