Authenticator app How do you use or apply it?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

elzaloom

I am trying to apply for a job on the government website. It requires an authenticator app 6-digit code be entered every time to sign in. I absolutely do not get the whole process. I downloaded the OTP app and thats as far as I get. The OTP Manager set up asks for a "label" a "secret" and a "issuer", and to allow or not allow exporting. I don't know what any of those categories are, and I'm not any closer to getting it to apply to the login page on the government website than I was two days ago. Does anyone know how this thing is supposed to work?

Couriant

James
The Authenticator app will provide you a code that is 6 digits. You need to make sure you have registered the user account of the government site to the app so it will provide the code.
Some apps you will need to click on the entry to get the code. For example:

1627669477941.png

once pressed:
1627669516695.png

what site are you going to and what app are you using?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online