1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Auto batchfile Telnet

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by shack_rambo_, Sep 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shack_rambo_

shack_rambo_ Thread Starter

Ok here we go;
    (printers are HP 4050 and OS i win2k)
    we have 3 printers and they need to be connected (not at the same time) to 3 different Vlans in our office, to do so they need to change the ip address everytime they go to an other Vlan. This can be done on the printer via telnet.
    My problem is that when I write a batch with all the answers in it for the telnet session they are not run in to the session, is there anyway to give an auto command to telnet to read commands from text file or other?

I need to write a vb script with menu for our catering department that runs on every printer to change the Ip address when they are moved to an othe Vlan (user friendly) could you help please?

2. shack_rambo_

shack_rambo_ Thread Starter

I have found a solution myself it is called tst10.exe it is a telnet scripting exe file when opening it you can see the help file, basicly it has an answer.txt in the same directory where you can set several settings. To change ip address on HP4050 machine's you need to telnet or manualy perform the task. If you need more info let me know.

Attached Files:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/276044

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice