1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Auto complete

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by bobpeacock, May 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bobpeacock

bobpeacock Thread Starter

In XP, is there a difference between Auto Complete and Auto Fill? In all the help features there is no mention of Autofill but I have it on my toolbar.
    It was working fine until I inadvertantly typed 2506 instead of 25303 for my zip code. Someone suggested Autowhat from PC Magazine but that has not cured the problem. Is there a way to start over or find the pesky 25606 and kill it for good? Thanks.

2. Augie65

Augie65

One thing you might try, type the zip code so that the auto-complete fills in, Move your mouse cursor over the word that you want to delete but do not click on it. It will be highlighted.
    # Click your delete key on your keyboard.
    You can right click the IE on your desktop, properties> content tab> AutoComplete button> check the items you want auto-complete to fill in. You can also clear all the enteries from this tab.

3. bobpeacock

bobpeacock Thread Starter

Thank you for your reply. I have since found the answer. Autocomplete is a Microsoft feature whereas Auto fill is a Google feature.No amount of adjusting in Microsuft XP will affect the Google version. The solution was to go to the Google toolbar, choose Options the click the Autofill tab to make corrections. The PC Mag, version of Autowhat works only on the Microsoft Autocomplete program. I hope this information will be helpfull to others with similar problems. Thanks again for responding.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/366088

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice