1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Auto-delete emails from specified email accounts... impossible? or possible?

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by lab_rat, Apr 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lab_rat

lab_rat Thread Starter

i ask this for obvious reasons: there's a lot of spam coming through. we can already make smart mailboxes that scoop up certain ones and put them into a specified folder, but what about an option to enter in someone's email address, and automatically delete the incoming mail from that account??

NOTE: i am talking about a WEBMAIL, not a third party client like thunderbird or outlook express. thanks

is this silly talk? can you give specifics as to why / why not this can work? does such an email service already exist?

Please Do Tell :)

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    That would probably depend on the company hosting the web mail. I just checked Gmail and it allows you to set up a filter to delete all incoming mail from a specific sender e-mail address.

3. Ent

Ent Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Josiah
    In hotmail you can set up blocked senders.

4. vicks

vicks

In OE you can also block senders. It goes into the delete folder and you can check the list to see if there is anything put threre by error.
    You can do this by opening OE> messages>block sender and enter the information
    Vicks

5. lab_rat

lab_rat Thread Starter

i use Gmail and THANKS PPL!! i just didnt see it before... TAKE THIS YOU SPAMMING SPAMMERS!! =)

6. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    You're welcome.

You can use the button above your original post to mark this topic as solved.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/915387

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice