Auto Email from Excel

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

SnowKitty

Hello. This is my first post. I need help in developing a macro to send an automated outlook mail to myself when a date is due, (conditional formatting updates the sheet on opening). I can setup the scheduler to open and run this automatically.

An email should go to my email address (Cell A2 ), with subject "Test Due" (Col.R ) on "Due date" (Col. T), and body would be "Surname(Col. B), Training Due".

Also, the script should put a check mark on "Reminder Issued" (Col. V) after the mail is sent, the script should also check if the value of the cell is blank before sending email.

I have found several threads, to try and attempt this myself but I’m not proficient enough in VBA to modify them to suit my needs. :(

I'd really appreciate any help.

Keebellah

Hans
Trusted Advisor
Hi, welcome to the forum.
Have done a search on this subject? The forum is full of questions ans solutions for the same question, minor editing maybe but the story is the same.

SnowKitty

I have searched on this site and others which deal with this. I had previously (summer last year) cobbled together code that did what I wanted but a colleague managed to delete the workbook and I stupidly hadn’t saved it separate from it. Now, for the life of me I just cannot repeat what I did before. I’m tearing what’s left of my hair out with it.

Keebellah

Hans
Trusted Advisor
The quickest way is to attach your file (with dummy data) and we'll see what we can do you you

Keebellah

Hans
Trusted Advisor
see Attached file
If you use the Scheduler you can invoke the macro named Auto_Mail which will run the macro then save the workbook and quit Excel after completion.
The macro Send_Reminders you can use manually.
Always Avoid to schedule a WorkBook_open or Auto_Open because it will not allow you to open the file for testing.

The mail module itself is set to . Save and . Display
Save saves the mail (unsent ) in the Drafts folder and Display, does just that, Displays the mail for manual sending
When you decide to implement it the disable those two lines and enable .Send

Attachments

SnowKitty

I can’t thank you enough for this! I’m off for a couple of weeks holiday, I’m going to be able to relax now, instead of worrying about this code. Again thank you soo much.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online