1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Auto Email from Excel

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by SnowKitty, Oct 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. SnowKitty

SnowKitty Thread Starter

Hello. This is my first post. I need help in developing a macro to send an automated outlook mail to myself when a date is due, (conditional formatting updates the sheet on opening). I can setup the scheduler to open and run this automatically.

An email should go to my email address (Cell A2 ), with subject "Test Due" (Col.R ) on "Due date" (Col. T), and body would be "Surname(Col. B), Training Due".

Also, the script should put a check mark on "Reminder Issued" (Col. V) after the mail is sent, the script should also check if the value of the cell is blank before sending email.

I have found several threads, to try and attempt this myself but I’m not proficient enough in VBA to modify them to suit my needs. :(

I'd really appreciate any help.

2. Keebellah

Keebellah Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Hans
    Hi, welcome to the forum.
    Have done a search on this subject? The forum is full of questions ans solutions for the same question, minor editing maybe but the story is the same.

SnowKitty likes this.
  3. SnowKitty

SnowKitty Thread Starter

I have searched on this site and others which deal with this. I had previously (summer last year) cobbled together code that did what I wanted but a colleague managed to delete the workbook and I stupidly hadn’t saved it separate from it. Now, for the life of me I just cannot repeat what I did before. I’m tearing what’s left of my hair out with it.

4. Keebellah

First Name:
    Hans
    The quickest way is to attach your file (with dummy data) and we'll see what we can do you you

5. SnowKitty

SnowKitty Thread Starter

Thank you.

Attached Files:

6. Keebellah

First Name:
    Hans
    I'll check and see what I can do for you :)

7. Keebellah

First Name:
    Hans
    see Attached file
    If you use the Scheduler you can invoke the macro named Auto_Mail which will run the macro then save the workbook and quit Excel after completion.
    The macro Send_Reminders you can use manually.
    Always Avoid to schedule a WorkBook_open or Auto_Open because it will not allow you to open the file for testing.

The mail module itself is set to . Save and . Display
    Save saves the mail (unsent ) in the Drafts folder and Display, does just that, Displays the mail for manual sending
    When you decide to implement it the disable those two lines and enable .Send

Attached Files:

8. SnowKitty

SnowKitty Thread Starter

I can’t thank you enough for this! I’m off for a couple of weeks holiday, I’m going to be able to relax now, instead of worrying about this code. Again thank you soo much.

9. Keebellah

First Name:
    Hans
    You're welcome.
    Enjoy your holiday :)

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1218217

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice