1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Auto forwarding in Outlook 2003

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by tinylittle, Jan 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tinylittle

tinylittle Thread Starter

I'm planning on being away and can't access my main email remotely. I would like to auto forward all my received mail to an online email account like hotmail or yahoo. Can this be done with Outlook 2003??

Thanks.

2. Couriant

Couriant James Trusted Advisor

Use the Mail Organizer and create a rule to forward all your email from the email account to the email address. Something like this:

When you recieve mail from pop.account.net account, forward to [email protected]

Since I'm not at home I cannot tell you the exact wordage, but if you need further assistance I will be here later today.

3. tinylittle

tinylittle Thread Starter

Thanks for your help. Do you mean that I should use the Create Rule button to do this? If so, how would this work with regard to all my incoming mail?

4. Couriant

Couriant James Trusted Advisor

Yes, I meant the Create Rule Wizard :)

Tick 'Where the message is from a specific account' and 'Forward to people' and on the bottom it should look like:

Apply this rule after the message arrives
    Where the message is from the specified account
    Forward it to people

Click on the specified for the account the emails are coming from and in the people section, type in your new email address.

You should test it before leaving. One thing is that the connection needs to stay on if it's on dial-up

EDIT: I may be wrong about the connection. I think you can set Outlook to connect and download your emails and disconnect, but I don't remember how exactly. (That's is on dial-up)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/192451