Auto generating text boxes in Ms Publisher

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Blindy8

I'm re-submitting this as I put it out on Dec 19th and received no responses:

I have been having trouble using Publisher. One of the problems comes up when I want to insert a page after a page I'm working on. If I go to the Insert Menu and insert a page, I find that I then have to insert a text box into from the Objects toolbar or I can't work on the page. If I go to the Insert Menu and insert a page and go to the options menu and click on the radio button that says "create one text box on each page." I get an error message that states MSP has caused an illegal operation in USER.EXE and will shut down. At that point none of my programs work and I have to reboot.

I want to automatically add text boxes to inserted pages so I can work on these pages without having to manually insert a text box every time I insert a page and without getting that "MSP has caused an illegal operation in USER.EXE and will shut down" error message.

Hi,

What version of MS Publisher are you using.

I use Publisher 2000

If you insert a page then until you creat text boxes or picture boxes on the blank page you cannot insert anything.. You could paste a copied page from another MS Publisher pae.

With no text box there is no space for anything to be placed on the page. This may easily cause the rror you get. I've not seen this error message myself.

How do you believe you can work on a page in a DTP program unless you have created a text or picture box to work in.

hth

Ceri

Blindy8

I am using Publisher 2002. I understand I need text boxes to facilitate data placement in Publisher. My concern is that I can't find a default that automatically puts the text box into the page for each page you insert. It's not a big problem but seems counterintuitive. As it stands, I have to go to the Object toolbar and drag a textox into the newly inserted page, then expand it to standard dimensions with a one inch border. While doable, it's an archaic way of inserting pages.

The problem I run into is when I go to the insert menu and then click on the option that says it puts a text box into each new inserted page. That's what I would want. However, once I click on that box, I get a USER.EXE error and every program I have freezes, causing me to have to reboot.

Hi,

I've not been able to reproduce the error message you descrie, but I'm using Publisher 2000

Once you have a blank page with a text box, simply copy this page when you insert a page.

Insert Page
Copy all details from page number xx

Might help you

You could leave a sutiably formated blank page as Page 1 and copy this to each page when you insert pages.

Delete the page before you finally publish the document.

Or have a blank page with the normal number of text and picture boxes you normally use.

Given that Publisher is DTP and that text and picture boxes are a major function of DTP I can't see thaving to resize boxes as manor issue.

If you find this too much of a problem then you could do almost everything you wanted in MS Word. It will not however be as easy as in MS Publisher.

hth

Ceri

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online