1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Auto Image Adjust

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Teno, Jan 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Teno

Teno Thread Starter

On my monitor screen there is a message flashing, Auto Image Adjust and I worked on it for 5hrs. just to find where to go and fix it. I don't know what this message means or why this happened? But this is what I tried.

I pushed the buttons on the Monitor:

Pushed 1 for main menu,
    Went into setup menu
    Went into Resolution Notice
    Pushed Enable
    Exit

I'm still getting this flashing message, that turns my screen light green.
    Now, I tried looking for other ways to turn off this message, but I could not find it.
    I even went into the Setting, Control Panel, to find a way to do it from my hard drive.
    Please help me find the off button.

Teno

2. bicycle bill

bicycle bill Banned

You won't get any help unless you tell us the model of your monitor.

Is it a Viewsonic? If so maybe this will shed some light on the problem.

These are the allowable resolutions and refresh frequencies for your monitor.

1280 x 1024 @ 60, 75 Hz
    1024 x 768 @ 60, 70, 72, 75 Hz
    800 x 600 @ 56, 60, 72, 75 Hz
    640 x 480 @ 60, 75 Hz
    720 x 400 @ 70 Hz

1280x720 is invalid but I see that you were having problems at 1024x768 which might mean the refresh timing was wrong.

Make sure the monitor tab in the display properties (advanced) is correctly set with 'hide modes that this monitor cannot display' so that the display is locked to the valid frequencies and resolutions.

If all else fails look at the game .ini configuration settings. You might be able to set a compatible mode there.

3. Rich-M

Rich-M

That is a monitor setting and if you look carefully at all the options, there is a way to shut it off.

4. Teno

Teno Thread Starter

Hi Rich-M, here is my info for my Monitor on the Auto Image Adjust problem. I have shut off everything that I can see to shot off and it has not work. Maybe you can see something?

My Screen Resolution is:
    1280 by 1024 Pixels
    View Sonic Model # VS10047
    H - Freguency - 80.05 KHZ
    V - Freguency - 75.16 HZ

Right Click & it brings up my Monitors Main Menu
    In Main Menu there is the following Titles
    - Auto Image Adjust ---- This won't let me do anything
    - Contrast/Brightness
    - Color Adjust
    - Manual Image Adjust ---- has H./V. Postion - Played with it and got nothing
    ---- has Contrast/Brightness - did nothing
    ---- has Color Adjust
    ---- has Manual Image Adjust - H./V. Position, Horizontal Size, Fine Tune,
    and Sharpnees
    ---- has Setup Menu - Language Select,
    - Resolution Notice I Disable it, did not work
    - OSD Postion
    - OSD Time out 15
    - OSD Background is Enable
    ---- has Memory Recall
    Thanks Teno

Pixel Clock - 135.12 MHZ

5. Rich-M

Rich-M

Are you certain there is no way to disable "auto image adjust"? If not I am out of ideas.

6. Teno

Teno Thread Starter

Hi Mike,

I went into Monitor - Main Menu and Disabed, played with everything, to see if that would work, but nothing happened. I even went into (Monitor) Setup Menu, Resolution Notice and disable it, did not work. Also went into Background and Disabled that, and didn't worked. There has to be a way to fix this! Is there know one that can help me. Thank you for your help, but I have been working on this problem for 2 days and I'm going blind looking up info., and tried of seeing that messaged.

Teno

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!